View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #274
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
OK. I now realise that I had basically hijacked Taitheneb; Mea Culpa (my sin.) I hereby relinquish him! Alak, he's all yours again, and anything you want edited in my previous posts, please point out and I will cheerfully do so!

How about I just provide this guideline about Amroth: Amroth is in his usual hurry to move forward; he's going to be racking his brain as to what the chalk and decay and dust might mean from his most recent dream (his other dreams have all been watery or just plain dark), and come to the incorrect guess that she is somewhere over in dusty Dagorlad or Gorgoroth (if he guessed the paths of the dead, they wouldn't ride down the Anduin. And he knows she likes water, so he'll hope that she did go down the Anduin.)

What will eventually correct his misconception will be discussions with Raefindan when they meet up. Raefindan "remembers" that Mithrellas never was interested in Mordor at all, but instead was interested in the White Mountains.

Once they get to the Belfalas area they can hear rumors about a wild elf living in the mountains, or something.

So:

--Amroth is in his usual hurry to get on with the search and his next idea is the the Dagorlad and after that the ash plains of Gorgoroth
--He's immediately ready to jump back on Echo and ride off. without grasping the illness and weariness of the body he is wearing
--WildMellon/ Nethwador won't be far behind him (although he may be looking over his shoulder hopong for a glimpse of Lady Bella.)

So: Rohan team: You're on. Keeping the above three points in mind, go wild.

Rohan Riders are approaching the flet, correct? What's next?