View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #7
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Good question C7A! I do believe that the movie has attracted (and revived, as akhtene said) more fans. Those who have been "revived" and those who have been drawn to Tolkien because of the movie both have one thing in common. Their love of Tolkien. However you get there makes no difference. They're just two paths of the same road.

I don't know if this board has changed at all, because I wasn't here before the movie came out. Before it came out, I had only read the Hobbit, but could never find LOTR anywhere to read! (All the libraries in my city had the books backed up for months...I was impatient) Then again, I didn't even draw the connection between LOTR and the Hobbit until I saw the movie trailers and recognized Gandalf. But, though I haven't been here long enough to give an honest comparison, I, like so many others, find the discussions both thought provoking (like this one! kudos! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and fun. I think we have the BW and the moderators to thank for keeping this forum "true" to the works of Tolkien.

Seeing the movie I must say was a three hour escape into this world I had dreamed about for a month after I started reading the books (I had read them before the movie). Seeing the characters onscreen made them really come to life for me, even more so than before. PJ was giving life to a dream most of us had shared, to go to Middle-Earth, to share in this journey beyond the limits of our subconscious. I thank him for that.
Thinhyandoiel is offline   Reply With Quote