View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 11:06 AM   #16
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, to tell you the truth I really wasn't interested in LOTR until the movie came out. I didn't even know there were any other stories besides the Hobbit. {I know, kinda stupid of me.} [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, my friend at school was reading FOTR and I started talking to him about the upcoming movie and different stuff like that. I sort of "hinted" toward my mom near Christmas if she could get me the book FOTR as a present. And, what do you know, she did!!

I started reading it that day and when I was done with that book, I was so eager to read the second one my mom took me to Barns n Nobles that afternoon to get it for me. On the other hand, I had to wait a whole MONTH after I read TTT until I could get ROTK. I really didn't see the movie itself until April.

But I guess it was kinda the movie that got me interested in Tolkien. But in my opinion, the movie was good and all, it just didn't match up with Tolkien's story. I think they could have done a little better in writing the script. But I think the movie coming out has changed me a little in how much I liked the story. It definitly changed my descision on who I liked best out of the story. But I think the movie really did get more people interrested in the story and in the world of ME. I certainly am now. In fact, I'm trying to own a collection of all Tolkien's works on ME.

But I've only been at the downs for a few months, so I can't really tell on how the movie changed the type of discussion here.

But I've gone on way to long here. So I'm stopping. {I really don't know if I even made any sense in what I said.} [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, that's my thoughts. Bye.

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote