View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 05:06 AM   #194
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Éomeléo was thrown through the doorway; his arm hit the side of the door, and he twisted round in a violent yet comical fashion. He landed face down on the floor, though he managed to get his other arm in the way. That would be bruised, but he didn't want to lose any teeth. This action was illuminated, but when the door closed complete darkness ensued.

He heard people breathing. Assuming they were also prisoners, and being exceedingly hacked off at the situation, he threw caution to the wind and said: "So, who are you?"

"Wow! Someone who can talk!" came a reply, full of exaggeration. "Oh, er, pardon me, I didn't quite mean to sound rude; it's just that, well, no-one else talks in here, and I get so bored! You understand?"

Éomeléo said that he did understand. The voice belonged to a grown man, from somewhere up north maybe.

"I mean, it's not all bad down here; get used to it, I mean, the sitting and the lying down and the dark, but I dearly miss having a good natter! These other chaps seem to loathe conversation. Oh! I'm sure you have so much to tell me! And I have lots to tell too!"

Éomeléo wondered how much longer he would prefer being irritated to being physically threatened.