View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #102
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
It could not have been said that Bunny's response, and following question, would calm Michael. Quite the opposite, as the dialogue went, he felt his face is getting redder and redder, and he felt sweat all over his body. Good the Hobbit lass decided to sit down, because Michael did not feel standing very firm now. He sat down too, and as Bunny posed her question, he started to lie. Immediately. He did not know how he managed to do it, but he replied to her without much hesitation. Had he stopped to think, he would probably have reconsidered and not lied at all. He was never comfortable with lying. But had he stopped to think, he would surely have also lost all the courage. Now, he just spoke.

"I have been to the North Moors," he said quickly. It was again as if some different voice was speaking through him. "I have been there once, and I saw... yes, something... I was there at night. I have seen strange things, I - I have been on... on a hill and... I think I saw a silhouette of something big down in the valley, much, much bigger than a Hobbit, which... I thought it was moving... but I would not follow it, I-I did not see it closer..."

He didn't look at Bunny, he looked away, but realised that it could seem like he is afraid to look into her eyes. He turned to her, and tried to look as normal as possible, although inside him there was complete chaos. He hoped he did it well.