View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #57
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerniesApple View Post
I dont do ''refrain''. Either its on or its off. I dont do wishywashy tip toeing. But I will bow out of the discussion. I got this kind of treatment ovr at TORn, didnt like it when they told me what I could and couldnt say, and I dont like it now. I dont like being policed.

The irony is over there it was the Jackson fanboys telling me to refrain.
So, let me get this straight, "fanboys" over at TORn suggested you refrain on their site. Obviously, attacking the films in one form or another. So what do you do? Come to the Downs and take an equal but opposite tack and defend the films, or at least a specific film role, deciding to describe as "flimsy" a poster's concern about the degradation of that role in the film as opposed to the book.

Is that about right? Tailor your rhetoric to annoy a specific audience?

Meh. Do what you like. But don't expect civility if, as you say, you don't care for "wishy-washy tiptoeing". Toes can get stepped on, particularly in a venue where words and tone are often misjudged.