View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #54
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy
Oh, and there's more. They have a Ranger, so there's always one element on the team immune to the Black Queen attacks.
I forgot to talk about that- the idea of the Black pieces being at war with each other. Or not. Whatever it is they decide is the highest priority.

As far as I am concerned, were I a Wolf I would definitely not try to kill the Bear, but I would like to know who he is so that I could bump him off towards the end if necessary. That extra kill each night cuts the village down so quickly. Surely you can't pass that up. A Day 1 or Night 2 WereBear death would likely lead to a White Christmas. Er, victory.

My take on the Bear killing the Wolves- I would definitely try and kill Wolves once a certain point in the game had been reached. What point, you ask?

Well, if we're on Night 4 and no Wolves have died, I would say it's time to thin them a bit. But the Bear wouldn't want to attack them sooner as it might cause them to be wiped out too early, and he would lose their nightly kill.

However, perhaps the Bear will think it more important to completely control the night and end the threat of being slain at night? I don't know....

If that is the case, he will gun for the WereWolves from the start and will kinda sorta be an ally for us. But then again, if he cannot claim victory himself, is not the slaughter of the village his next greatest desire? Surely the Werebeasts are all servants of destruction, and would rather see evil win than good, even if they don't live to see it. If that is the method adopted by the WereWolves and WereBear, then they will be trying to avoid each other.

Though that is no easy task, for if the Werebeasts are able to identify each other with any success, one would think that the village would be able to do the same. So how possible to coordinate is it really? It almost seems silly to try. You could try and do the opposite and possibly do just as well.

Everywhere you look- interesting scenarios and layers of strategy. I love this set up!