View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #74
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Well then. I feel cheerful this morning. Phantom, I completely agree with everything you've said about Lando. He absolutely must survive.

Oh, and Han shot first. Just mentioning...
I agree with the whole Lando thing. And I am so geekying myself out on this thread already. We've had HP and Star Wars references, my inner fangirl if pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Yaaaaay lynch Fea time! The best part of waking up is lynched Fea in your cup!
You have no idea how much I laughed at that. And silly Mira(I like that one best) we don't lynch Fea till Day 3. Or at least that's how its been playing out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
If that is the case, he will gun for the WereWolves from the start and will kinda sorta be an ally for us. But then again, if he cannot claim victory himself, is not the slaughter of the village his next greatest desire? Surely the Werebeasts are all servants of destruction, and would rather see evil win than good, even if they don't live to see it. If that is the method adopted by the WereWolves and WereBear, then they will be trying to avoid each other.

Though that is no easy task, for if the Werebeasts are able to identify each other with any success, one would think that the village would be able to do the same. So how possible to coordinate is it really? It almost seems silly to try. You could try and do the opposite and possibly do just as well.
I can't fully remember why I quoted you here except maybe to add this: the Black Queen wins if all innocents and Wolves are gone right? So then the Bear might want to keep more of the Wolves alive to be able to keep getting the double Night kill of innocents.

As for the Werebeasts identifying each other: if the Black Bishop, Rook, and Knight find out who the Black Queen is and vis versa what happens if the Black Rook is hunting the Black Queen and the Black Queen kills the Rook? Does that mean that they both die because the Queen was the hunted? Is that possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy View Post
I meant that they could talk to the ranger saying they were the seer. Ignore the fact that it would require massive amounts of skill/luck to ever work, it was a really random thought, but my point is that if you're allowing the gifteds and only the gifteds to PM each other (again, besides wolf team), they're proving their roles to each other, and that kind of goes against the spirit of the game... "informed minority against uninformed majority", if the gifteds know each other for sure, they are just like a wolf team, with the advantage of having lots of plain innocents on their side, and the disadvantage of not having a night kill.
It's not really a disadvantage to the innocents. The Seer then gets to share with the Ranger what they know. The Ranger can then really easily protect innocents instead of it being a shot in the dark. Also then they work together to win and keep innocents alive. So really, after the Seer dreams of one of the other innocent gifteds and gets to talk with them its actually better for us. We get extra protection and all that fun stuff.

As for my two cents on the roles: I wish I knew what the White Queen was. Maybe xim(though I really want to say "she") is immune to Werekills. That would make sense, I guess.

As for the Black Queen, I do agree with what I think the phantom about getting xim earlier, mostly to take out the whole two kills a Night aspect.