View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #135
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Carl

Everything seemed to be rolling in the right direction now. But the restlessness of the slaver’s camp had stuck with Carl. They were busy about something over there, and what that might be he couldn’t say, but he sincerely hoped that the children would not disappear before they had a chance to return.

He had to admit though that he was feeling a bit more optimistic after he’d had a wash and a bite to eat. Help would soon be on the way and a healer as well. And he was thankful too, that Lindir had thought of using a diversion. The hobbit looked at the faces around him, hoping that someone might speak soon in favor of it, or maybe even go so far as to volunteer. After a bit of thought he said so as to encourage the idea, “There is a good amount of rock that way, which might get risky. I mean it would be good if, as you say, someone were to direct notice else where. After all, while we might get away with a little bit of noise at the tunnel entrance, it is possible that we might hit a stone by the pit, in which case it might prove a quicker end to the matter to just walk straight into the camp and ask them for the youngsters outright.”

Carl explained that he’d the tools that would do for digging, albeit without proper handles, but that they were made of metal. “Seems that the folks who provisioned us, thought we could make us some handles once were ready to start with the farming. It might work quite nicely in that tight spot, to be without them, I think. But still, they could prove as good as a horn for announcing our approach, if we miss our mark in the last stretch!”

Then looking furtively at the group, he felt that perhaps he was thinking of only Vrór and himself, and so he added hastily, “I am all for a drawing off attention, but then again it’d be drawing attention on to someone else, and I reckon that might be a sticking point, unless there is some other way around it that I haven’t thought of. Maybe it's just better to dig slow and careful.”