View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
R.R.J Tolkien
Wight

R.R.J Tolkien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I demand my cut! I predicted that a month before TORn came out with it! Clearly Universal are ripping me, an unknown internet forum poster, off!

Snark aside... Middle-earth isn't a theme park. A Middle-earth immersive experience could potentially be fantastic* - I think Disney is doing something of the kind with Star Wars, making a whole in-character land for it. But 'the chance to wander through Rivendell, Lorien, Minas Tirith (and Barad-Dur)' doesn't mesh well with 'Universal theme park' (and even worse with 'Universal theme park crowdedness').

*Fantasticness will vary depending on what degree it actually matches Tolkien's version, rather than Movie!M-e.

But what we'll get is the Barrel Ride white-water ride, the Erebor Mine-Cart Rally, the Rollercoaster of Khazad-Dum, and the Hobbiton Shopping Village and Picnic Area.

hS
must spread reputation around first. Good post.