View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #420
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Degas looked into Linduial's eyes, searching for something that he wasn't sure how to find.

How would Linduial react to Degas having gone to her family before going to her? Though his conclusions had proven correct, Degas had not ascertained before from Linduial that she even wished to be courted. Should a suitor assume such things from Saeryn, she would be furious. She would certainly not care to court a man that would change her life in such a way without her say so. What would Lin say? Degas looked at her, wondering what he should say.

Should he tell her how he had so desired to ride to her rescue, but could not? It sounded like a childish excuse, even to his ears. Perhaps recount the tale of finding Feo in the road? Give her fair warning of a new face in her home... What had that to do with her question, though? She needed an answer, but which answer should he give?

My lady, the answer to your question was ascertained the moment I begged leave of your father to court you.

Lady Linduial, I didn't check with you to see if it was what you wanted, but I asked your father and brothers if I could court you and, surprising though it may be, they said yes.

Didn't you know? Your father doesn't hate me. West wind take it, your brothers even approve!

My lovely Linduial... fair maiden... I will wait for you always. And your family does not mind.

Beautiful girl, I'd wait forever with arms open if I knew that you would return to them.

"Lady Linduial," he finally began. "You have my word. I will be here upon your return."

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-08-2006 at 08:21 AM.