View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #437
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Saeryn gathered herself. Degas had done what? Did you ask her father, my boy? she asked herself bitterly. Did you get permission from her brothers? Did you ask Linduial if it was what she wanted?

Saeryn pushed her unkind thoughts away and tried to concentrate on happiness for her friend. Why didn't Degas tell me? Linduial is so happy... If he must be begged permission for me to court, why must not I be for him to do the same? It is not fair! She clenched her fist and felt her nails bite into her palm.

Lčođern was watching her as Lin rode away with Farahil, handsome Farahil, into the morning.

"Garstan, Eodwine requests our presence over breakfast; did you know?"

"Yes, my lady."

"Very good." They walked back inside together, the children following them. They saw Modtryth and Stigend's child and asked permission of their father with a look. He nodded and they ran to play.

"Garstan, I will join you soon. I must attend to Modtryth." Excusing herself, she beckoned to the woman, calling her to a table far from Eodwine's. "Modtryth, do you have a moment to speak of duties?"