Thread: Glorfindel
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2000, 12:12 AM   #12
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Haunting Spirit
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Peredhel

Is there any word out on future publications ala Unfinished/History?
I got the impression that Vol. 12 was the end of the line though CRRT says there are 'complex philological 'writings [elven] that didn't make the HoME cut.

The Dior thing is quite a mystery since there is no mention of any dispute in doriath of of a Mortal ruling a kingdom of Elves. This could be due to the incredible reverance Beren and Luthien were held [ not too mention the desperate state Doriath had fallen into] or is it not possible that Dior's race was never pre-or dained by the Valar.
There decision regarding the Half-Elven did not come till after Earendil reached Valinor.
I suppose this could be that the Valar knew that Dior would not live long -so it would never become an issue.
Yet the idea of a man rul;ing a kingdom of Elves
and it's uniqueness never being commented on I find remarkable.

</p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.