View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #94
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
The way I see it:

We lynch the bear, lose a night kill but the Lions gain a cobbler.

Lions kill the bear, innocents gain a helper and we still lose a night kill.

I prefer the odds of a Lion killing off a bear/maiden then us lynching them and essentially helping the Lions. Sure, the two-kill night could kill off more innocents, but could also kill off a lion and an innocent.

Looking at the alternatives, lynching a bear/maiden will just end up helping the Lions more then helping the innocents.
Ok, I know you're not the first to say this, and you probably won't be the last, but it's just got to be said and your post happened to have taken the blow. Unless you're a Lion, you can't make the lions kill who you want them to kill, and if you are a lion, you're not gonna kill those who ham you with their deaths (ie the kind the village wants you to kill). So yes, it's ideal if the Lions get the Bear, but we can't make it happen, so leave the beaten horse alone and start doing something that we can make happen.

/end rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Gil, you talk (and this isn't the only example) as though we could somehow plan this!
Thought so too at this post, but realised that Gil will be Gil. I can see him posting that as any role. Yes, his posts are rather... Gil, but that particular one wasn't big enough to make me actually suspect him.

Another thing a bunch of people said is that we're talking about lovers too much and lions too little. Well, what do you want in the first-in-several-years game with lovers? That's the first point. The second one is that how exactly are you planning to find wolves with no votes, no kills, no posts, no nothing? Discussion of the roles is as good a place as any to start chatting. To be quite honest, I'm very happy with the start of this game. A typical D1 has 20 hours dedicated to complete silence, 3 to IC and banter, and the rest to something that sounds like "I don't like the way he phrased his IC post, I'll vote for him". Ok fine, that was an exaggeration, but you get the point. This game there's a good discussion going on the various possibilities for the new roles and rules, something that could also be reread later on with a bit more known roles. It's true that we have to look out for people to vote (in 2h I believe), but saying "look for suspicion" isn't gonna help you get people to talk. A good discussion will. If everyone says "Let's look for wolves!", you're not gonna find any, because there's nothing more left to say. People who encourage others to restrict discussion on D1 to "looking for wolves/lions" do a very good job of allowing the wolves to hide beneath these words.

/end rant #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
There isn't much to say about wolves day 1, especially when there isn't anything special about them. All there is to get discussion going at the beginning is to talk about the unique aspects of the game.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Getting rid of a night kill is surely worth having a cobbler around, and I wouldn't be so sure the wolves are willing to kill the bear.
Yes. This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
The cobbler isn't my greatest concern either, but the fact that no one seems to care at all makes me feel like there's something furry going on in the discussion.
Actually, the cobbler has been mentioned several times at the very beginning, and most of us seem to agree that a Night kill is a good trade for a cobbler. What's more to say on the discussion? What do you want people to say? And why are you agitating people so much against killing one of the lovers? I can't say I'm liking the way you're pushing the trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
So anyway, deciding whether we should be targeting one over the other isn't really all that productive to me. The methods of discovering either will be fairly similar I think (kill the bad guys!), and lynching the Bear would not be terrible to the point where we should be actively trying to avoid doing it.

(3 more hours, if I'm correct?)
Wilwa, I'm liking you more and more with each post. And 2 hours.

And now it's time for me to start looking at specific people... but that will have to wait a bit.