View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 03:30 AM   #107
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

The evening drew near and they rode through the tall swaying grass. The hills were drawing close as well, for each second. Hama and Archim seemed merry and started to sing a song they both knew well.

Suddenly without the Forgolis and Hama notecing, four men stepped out from the grass. Two large men had already drawn their swords and they looked dangerous. In the next second two ruffians were pointing their long wicked points at Graitwa and his younger brother, Frea.

‘Well, my little songbirds,’ said the tallest man with a sword. He was dirty, and his face bore the ill-healed scars of old battles.
‘What treasures have you brought for old Will, eh?’ He looked them at them. Graitwa looked unpleased, he knew what was coming.

‘You look plump and well fed, and you ride some fine horses.’ His eyebrows rised when he spotted Frea's horse. ‘They’ll fetch a fair price, I’m thinking.’ ‘Nice clothes and boots, too. They’ll do nicely.’ He glanced over at the saddlebags ‘And what you got in there, laddies. Enough to get us through the winter, I’m thinking.’

‘Get down from your horses, boys! You won’t be needing them any more.’

Graitwa looked over at the man in disgust. He spitted down on the ground as he glanced over at the others. Hama and Frea looked back at him, but didn't say anything. Archim however, grabbed one of his daggers and threw it. The dagger hit one of the men right in his neck. Archim drew his sword and slashed it at the man's arm, so he lost his grip on the horse. The man fell on the ground with a loud 'boom'.

Everything had gone so quickly and Graitwa was just about to grab his sword as well, when one of the remaining men stood threatingly with his sword against Graitwa's throat.

But Graitwa wasn't dumb. He gave a short evil laugh as he pushed the man forward with the horse. The man stumbled in his fat legs as he gave a sigh before he hit the ground. Graitwa took the sword that was noiw laying on the ground next to the fat loegged man. "Make a wish, fool!" Graitwa sneered while his eyes blazed. He pointed the sword against the man's chest....

[ September 06, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]