View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #138
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I have a question Mnemosyne. If dwelling too much on The White Queen would be baddie like behavior, or giving them ideas. Well what is bringing back up a topic from two pages ago? Wouldn't that be in the same realm? Dwelling too much on mechanics of the game, is to a certain extent pointless. However an excellent tool if you are a baddie - since it involves distracting the village. Yet, here you are bringing up a mechanical topic in regards to Hansy. Seems to be a bit contradictory to me.
I knew I was being unclear in that post. I said I didn't think there was much use in the mechanical discussion itself. But if a veteran Downer began to actually take one of these and run with it, that would raise red flags for me, for precisely this reason.

So Hansy was being helpful in starting up a discussion there, simply because it was stirring the pot. Now we have more reactions to look at, and reactions to the reactions like that specific post that you mentioned.

That's why I mentioned that topic in that post--which I should add I was not the first to do. Noggie naturally mentioned the discussion when he was summarizing his thoughts regarding page 2, and I believe it was the mechanical discussions themselves that gave rise to the discussion of whether Hansy was milking his n00b status a little too much. That specific post was in response to Hansy's response to my questioning him from that discussion (good luck following that sentence!).