View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Feanor_genious
Newly Deceased

Feanor_genious has just left Hobbiton.
Gollum/Smeagol, is the best character of all the characters in middle earth second to perhaps Fingolfin or Feanor, but thats another story. The split personality of Gollum/Smeagol is essential a mirror of what could happen to Frodo if the ring was to consume him. True, I believe that it was almost an incentive for Frodo to destroy the ring, though Gollum plays a critical role in all the plot line to the destruction of the ring. Putting into perspective the finding and destruction of the ring is approx a paragraph in the Silmarillion. Though all things lead to another, if bilbo had killed Gollum like he intended to apart from the pity in his heart a out killing the wretched creature, there could have been a strong possibility that Sauron could have destroyed middle-earth and retaken the Ring, though we must take into account how the ring abandoned Gollum, perhaps this could have happened to Bilbo, therefore it could have eventually found its way into the hands of one of the Men or Arnor, and possibly the hands of Aragorn future king of Gondor. In the film Galadriel says something along the lines of the smallest of us will sway the balance of the future, or whatever, most people believe this was Frodo and Sam taking the ring to Mordor, but Gollum was a essentially a Hobbit, Bilbo was a hobbit, Frodo and Sam, lo' and behold, Hobbits as well.

Anyway back to Andy Serkis, he is my favourite actor alongside Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

Andy Serkis, committed like no other to make his character equal to that amazing character from the Novel. Dont believe me? Just watch the extended edition appendices from two towers, in fact watch all of the extended editions for all the films, will give you a greater understanding of the shear epic scope of the making of these three extra-ordinary trilogy.

Cannot wait for THE HOBBIT to come out bring me the summer.