View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #125
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
In regards to our recent unprecedented snowfall:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ring Goes South
While they had halted, the wind died down, and the snow slackened until it almost ceased. They tramped on again. But they had not gone more than a furlong when the storm returned with fresh fury. The wind whistled and the snow became a blinding blizzard. Soon even Boromir found it hard to keep going. The hobbits, bent nearly double, toiled along behind the taller folk, but it was plain that they could not go much further, if the snow continued.

She is standing.

Also:

As the children are small and the snow deep, I, a lesser man with a spade, shoveled a path to where we go sledding. For some inexplicable reason, a local with a backhoe decided to clear more of the street. He'd scoop up a bucket of snow and dump it off the street; sometimes more, sometimes less. The piles on the side therefore varied. Though he said that he tried not to cover my shoveled path, he did, and I couldn't help but think that, like the Fellowship, our retreat was now cut off by a large drift. Thankfully I still had my shovel, as no elves or Steward's sons were to be had.

Last edited by alatar; 02-10-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: More to the story
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote