View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 05:17 PM   #37
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The door opened yet again and a young hobbit man entered. Scanning the tables, he caught sight of Robin sitting near two Elves and walked over to her.

"I hate to interrupt," he said to them. "But I need Robin to introduce me to Bullroarer."

Robin opened her mouth to protest, but the Elf woman spoke up. "That's quite all right," she said with a smile. "It was wonderful speaking with you, Robin."

With a sigh, Robin led Dinodas over to a table where four hobbits were sitting, muttering to herself. "Well, I suppose I should have been heading back there anyway," she said.

Bullroarer greeted her. "Welcome back to our table, Robin," he said with a smile. "While you were gone young Daisy Took arrived." He gestured to the newcomer at their table.

"Hello, Daisy," Robin said. "I'm named Robin Brandybuck. This is Dinodas Green," she added. "Dinodas, meet Gaddy, Hal, and Daisy. Oh, and of course Bullroarer."

"Hello to you all," Dinodas said. "Especially to Bullroarer. I'm interested in this journey you're taking to Rivendell."

"He wants to come," Robin put in helpfully. Dinodas shot her an annoyed glance, then smiled sheepishly at the other hobbits. "We're friends," he said. "So we tease each other all the time."

As Dinodas began asking Bullroarer questions about the journey they would be taking, Robin turned to Hal, Gaddy, and Daisy.

"Another of Fallohide stock, Daisy?" she said.

Hal spoke up. "Well, Gaddy-" here he shoved his friend, who was still staring at Daisy- "is also of Fallohide stock," said Hal. "So make it three."

"With pleasure!" Robin laughed. "I suppose we should all become wonderful friends before this adventure. I have a notion will need friendship on this journey."

Dinodas turned towards Robin. "Hmm? What's that?"

"I was talking to these three... Hal especially, since he was speaking to me," Robin said, rolling her eyes.

Dinodas gave a mock groan and returned to asking Bullroarer questions.

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]