View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #84
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neithan Tol Turambar
Star Trek fans will remember when Data got his emotions chip and went to the bar and tried a drink and says, ' uhhgh! oohhhggg! that's terrible! ohhgh! yuk. Wow! I hate this! I really hate this!
Bartender asks, "would you like another?"
Data responds eagerly, "yes, please!"
That actually makes sense - I track you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Christian Bible, Book of Mark, 7:13-23
"...Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.' "

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "
It's not 'evil' - a thing, a being, a force, the Darkness - it's the action, what comes out, given the choices.