View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 09:33 AM   #59
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> That is only your opinion, Elenanna. I am as huge a Tolkien fan as any of you, but I don't think cutting out Tom is a big deal. I won't miss him at all. And, no, he is NOT vital for Peter Jackson's story, for that is, after all, what it is. Not Tolkien's. Tolkien's story exists in the books, period. The movie is all Peter's (with some influence from the money handlers, I'm sure!!!). It is an interpretation</b>. Is there an echo in here?? lol!! But since some people <i> just don't get it</i>, I suppose it has to be repeated.<br> <br> -red <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000094>red</A> at: 6/4/01 11:36:09 am<br></i>