View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 AM   #251
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White Tree Galhardir & Rodhal

"She has no need for it any longer..." Galhardir whispered to himself as he sat in the longboat. The fair elven maiden had closed her beautiful eyes with the long lashed one last time. Her body was cold as ice and the skin was pale and lifeless. She was gone. The waves had taken her, all too soon, after Galhardir’s opinion. Why did she have to suffer? Even if Rôg had come earlier Galhardir doubted there would be much hope for the elf.

It seemed, by looking at the body, that it had been the icy water had been the only reason of her death even though she hadn’t stayed in it for too long. Sighing, feeling tears in his eyes he gazed towards the ship. There was still battle, and shrieking voices. His thought turned yet again to Crandû who had also lost his life earlier while they had been searching for the Palantiri. All this sorrow caused by two stones. It seemed meaningless.

Rodhal, his poor nephew had witnessed all of these things. What a great sorrow for such a small boy. Such scenes should be hidden from his pure heart, and he shouldn’t have to think about it. Now it had become a reality that Rodhal, still young in age, would have to live with for the rest of his life.

Looking at the body once again, he felt empty. He was interrupted by someone calling his name; It was little Rodhal. Hadn't Rôg told him to stay under deck so that he would be safe? Moving the body he fetched his oars and steered the longboat towards the ship again.

Two strong Lossoth were ready to take the boat in and it went smoothly, looking away from that there was still a battle going on. Galhardir didn't know what he should do about the body, so he decided; since it had been the sea that had caused her death; he felt that it should indeed be the sea she should belong too - forever.

"No, Uncle," Rodhal whispered.

His eyes were red and he was crying. "What my dear boy?" Galhardir then asked, looking gravely at his nephew. "Lets' take her under deck, we can't let the fair eleven maiden go...." he said. He whimpered. It seemed that the boy didnd’t even try to hide his feelings, he was just crying continually.

Galhardir nodded; “Rodhal, I'll take her under deck if you go there now and stay there. It is not safe for you here. Hurry, and I shall come in a minute." Galhardir held his nephew tight, not wanting to let him go right away as he knew that it could have been him in Andtuariel’s place. "Hurry now and I shall be there!” he said, making the boy run.