View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #257
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As Eodwine stepped back from the center of attention Lithor stepped back into it.

"Very well spoken, my lord. The first games of the day will be the horse race, when everyone is ready we'll begin over there," Lithor pointed towards an open space outside the camp with markers he had set up the day before.

Almost as soon as he finished he felt another poke in his side. He turned around expecting to find Rowenna's confident beaming face, but instead his gaze was lowered a couple feet to Cnebba and Garmund, who were quickly approached by Javan.

Erbrand

Horse racing! It was a skill that he liked to do for fun as well as for exercise, although he might have been better at it if he had a suitable horse. His skills would be put to the test today and his heart sank as he saw all the participants running to the stables for their horses. Traveller was munching on some grass just outside the kitchen tent as Erbrand walked up to him. The horse was bridled but not saddled yet, Erbrand led the horse away with the intention of getting him outfitted, but decided against it as he saw some of the nimbler lighter horses that the others were riding. Erbrand led Traveller over to the racing area and tied him to one of the stakes that Lithor had set as markers and waited for the race to begin.

Suddenly Erbrand remembered what he needed to do. On his way back with the boys he had made up his mind to ask Kara about it, but forgot to when Eodwine was speaking. He rushed back to the Kitchen, which was still swarming with people and drove his way into the crowd peering above all the heads to catch a glimpse of Kara's dark blonde hair. Finally, catching a glimpse of her on the other end, standing at the door of the kitchen, he pushed his way through past Dan and a grumpy Nain, who glared at him as he pushed passed.

"Kara!" his face broke into a smile as he made it out of the crowd and approached her, she seemed startled at her name being called. "I'm glad I've found you."

"Really, why?" she asked surprised.

"Well, as you know the races are the first games today," he began to rub his fingers together and he spoke with a quaky nervousness, "and that means that the rope-tie race will be coming up soon and I... uh, was wondering, that is if you're playing in the games today, if you would maybe consider," he paused for a second before continuing, "would you consider partnering with me in the race?" His words came out fast and he stood shocked and speechless, too embarrassed to say anything else.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 09-03-2008 at 02:00 PM.