View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 02:58 PM   #294
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
After nearly nodding off again, Asphodel jerked her head up. The rain had nearly stopped, and the clouds were beginning to break and let in the warm, golden rays of sunshine. The air, despite the still heavy scent of smoke when approaching the Green Dragon, was fresh and invigorating.

Asphodel stood up slowly and peered down the dirt road leading out of Bywater. Still no sign of her father. She felt a little better, though she still had pain in her chest, so she decided that she would search for Aman.

Walking slowly and carefully, so as not to slip on the thick mud that now coated the ground, she began walking towards the ruins of the Inn.

Weaving her way in and out of different people, none of whom seemed to notice her, Asphodel eventually found herself standing at the threshold of the Green Dragon. She surveyed the damage. The roof was burnt completely, and a large gaping hole stood out in the center. The walls and floor had been scorched and blackened, and some of the table and chairs had been twisted into odd shapes.

My father is going to be angry thought Asphodel. She could just hear him now, "What have those Big Folks been up to?" he would vent. "How many times have I said it? But no one will listen to me. 'No good will come of it,' those were my exact words. And just look now! The Green Dragon, burnt to a crisp!"

Asphodel smiled. She knew she wouldn't hear the end of it for many weeks.

Last edited by Linnahiril Tinnufinwen; 02-15-2004 at 03:15 PM.