View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #121
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I would also like to pack off American spelling. Gandalf is Grey and always will be, I'm afraid.
Of course he is! And hence, I am in the habit of using "grey" all the time, now. "Youse guys" across the pond have infiltrated my mind with your spellings, though... and I highly suspect many of the books I read only increase the effect. You've no idea how often I have pluck the letter U out of "color" and swap S's with their rightful Z's... :-D

Quote:
nuc-uler (eeew!)
One of many reasons I dislike Bush. The dictionary claims "nuclear" can be pronounced either way, but I think it's all a plot to make our president look smarter than he is.

Quote:
I have yet to have a science teacher that pronounces it properly,
I feel your pain... my astronomy teacher always said it wrong, and we all snickered from the back of the room.

Quote:
And who asks a 17-year-old to find the mass of the sun...
Just remember it's a mass of incandescent gas, and you'll be fine.

For those who didn't get that... ignore me.

Hmmm... what shall I send to Mordor? Summer reading books, I think. Nassty books that cut into my personal reading time. And standardized tests, as Fea said, for although I seem to be good at them, studying for them cuts into my watching of Monty Python DVDs... like this didn't happen this week.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote