View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #207
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I think what Hakon was saying is that if something happened like the seer revealed the werebear, then perhaps we could leave him alive to either have him kill a wolf or have the wolves waste their kill on him (as they may be worried that he will kill one of them) come Night. Then we can spend the Day hunting a wolf instead. I don't know if it's an idea I'd go for, but it's not stupid. We can't expect the bear to listen to us, even if exposed, so it'd be all about luck. If the bear killed a wolf, it be more likely he did without intentionally trying, and the wolves would probably only waste a kill on the bear if their numbers were down or they had a reason to think the bear would pick one of them as his kill.

I think you all are being rather harsh on Hakon. While he hasn't caught on as quickly as some newbies, I don't think he's intentionally trying to be confusing or irritating; he probably really just doesn't understand all the rules. And while that doesn't mean he's necessarily innocent, not understanding something is no reason to attack someone. I know for some old-timers this confusion can get irritating, but you should give everyone a chance to learn. Let's not drive our newbies away from this site, okay?