View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 12:58 AM   #22
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

Why Angóre?

Having himself lost a mother to the ravages of Sauron's creatures, the pain felt by Elladan, Elrohir and Elrond strikes home to him. Being an errand rider of Imladris, he knows the territory up to Durin's gate as well as anyone alive.
Angóre has not the sheer power of Glorfindel, or another of the princes from great houses. However, in a mission of stealth like this, it is entirely possible that power such as Glorfindel wields would simply draw the creatures of Sauron to him, and compromise the objectives. There is an evil under Moria that pushed out an entire civilzation of Dwarves, a task even Sauron could not do from the outside. Our strength is secrecy, and the presence of one such as Glorfindel would only serve to awaken that evil and focus it on us.

In other words, the same reason Merry was chosen to go on the Quest instead of Glorfindel [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

But Angóre has power of a different sort; knowledge of terrain and skill with weaponry matched by few even in the fair house of Elrond. He is a natural choice for the mission; his fierce hatred for Sauron's creatures leaves him no personal choice but to volunteer.

By the by, I'm writing like this for two reasons; to get myself in pracise and to give everyone a fair idea of how I'm going to be talking, so you can adjust.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha