View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 10:36 PM   #467
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

I hope to poke around the Forum and see what people are up to, but right now a rocking chair sounds great. I have been working 16 hour days for most of the last two months, doing my regular job and a temporary job connected with our production season, which is finally over. I was sort of pushed into the temporary position and was very worried about my ability to do the job right, so I was feeling stressed over it and not sleeping well, either.

However, I was able to keep up with my normal duties and the extra ones. In fact, I did much better than I expected to with the temporary job, and got to work with a terrific staff of college students/recent grads -- one of the very few things I fully enjoyed about the situation. The best description of the whole experience is "terrible and wonderful". (Wasn't that Garm's description of Giles of Ham's anger?)

And it didn't help that the day after I was done with the extra position, I had to drive our figure skater to a competition in Detroit (about three states away from us).

<settles into the nearest rocking chair, helps self to a tankard of Barliman's Best, and puts feet up>

I'm *still* tired
Alphaelin is offline   Reply With Quote