View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #468
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
I'm fine too - returned from my US trip over a week ago. The highlight of that was definitely meeting Sharon and Thenamir and going to the LotR exhibition in Houston! I had a fantastic day, met two wonderful members and their families, and was fascinated by the costumes, props, and other exhibit items. I have a photo to prove it; it will be up on Tigerlily's BD page as soon as she has time.

Now I'm looking forward to the next Tolkien event - 'Tolkien 2005' in Birmingham next month! I'm getting really excited about the activities there, am hand-sewing the trim onto the burgundy-colored Arwen-style dress I will have as a costume, and have made plans to meet the other Downers who will be there. I very much look forward to hearing lectures by the experts, seeing artwork by Anke-Katrin Eissmann (the very talented young German artist from whose picture my avatar was taken) and others, watching the plays and other entertainments...

My only Tolkien related event of the summer has been doing some work for the Hotel Miramar where the Tolkiens spent much of their time in Bournemouth. I smile everytime the file hits my desk thinking of Edith actually having some fun ....

I am a litle torn though because my current office is virtually around the corner from their Bournemouth house and I feel I would like to see it before this assignment ends, but I wonder it is too intrusive - visiting the grave is one thing but this is someone's home? Obviously I would only pass by - not stop and take photos or peek in windows... but I still feel a bit uncomfortable about the idea.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote