Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #26
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Please refresh my memory. Who if Beregond?
Beregond was a Gondorian soldier who served under Denethor. He was the one who showed Pippin around Minas Tirith and had many conversations with him. It was also he who helped Pippin save Faramir from being burned alive. His son was Bergil, a little boy, I don't remember of what age.

My favorite minor character? I would say, aside from Imrahil and Beregond who are obvious choices and rank amongst my favorite minors, it would be Erkenbrand of Rohan as well as Elladan and Elrohir. I always liked Elrohir a little better for some reason, although I don't know why. I love Erkenbrand's heroic rescue during the battle of Helm's Deep, and the Sons of Elrond are awesome in their never ending fight against Sauron. I also love how they have a personal vendetta with the Dark Lord and his minions because of what they did to their mother. It's great too, speculating what their fates were after the destruction of the Ring.