View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 03:24 PM   #167
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awrygan did not have a chance to respond to Rochelle's question, even if he had he wasn't sure what to say. Before he could open his mouth a large corsair rounded the stairs, normally red eyes now glazed and blazing with fury. Things seemed to move in slow motion as the corsair grabbed the girl and swung towards Rochelle. Fortunately she had seen the young corsair's eyes. As the blade whistled towards her she ducked and quickly blocked the blow. Somewhat surprised the man backed up, holding his blade to the girl's throat. The young corsair was busy attempting to hold back the other boy.

Awrygan slowly approached the man. "How weak...." he commented, keeping his voice level but with a slow taunt. "Do you really need to latch on to a child to support yourself?" The corsair laughed. "You fool, do you not know when to back down." Awrygan smiled. "Unfortunately not. But I know a fight I can win when I see one; provided the other is not too afraid to accept it." He sheathed his knife and waited. The corsairs face was a mass of twitching fibers as he pushed the girl away roughly; she would have fallen hard on the stone floor if Rochelle had not caught her. Awrygan smiled grimly. "You should remain on the sea where the breeze does not cloud your mind." He drew his own sword as the corsair raised his. Bringing it up over his face in a salute he lowered it so that the point was facing his opponent's feet. "Might I have the pleasure of knowing who I am to entertain?"

The corsair had seemingly calmed himself and gave a cold smile. "My name is Yr Saldan and you will rue the day you heard it." With that their blades clashed.