View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #122
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
Hello again both fellows, I've been very busy. I agree with what you decided about the votes.

One thing apart from the matter we were discussing. Now, I don't know if you already received the last Vinyar Tengwar. Its about a Sindarin text "The Turin Wrapper". There is one sentence we could introduce at the beginning; is related to Rķan telling Tuor her fears (like a thought, not as dialogue, rhetorical) after the Nirnaeth (the treason of the Easterlings) and before giving him to the Grey Elves:
"And said Rķan to Tuor: what have we done? Now all [?the earth/hands/hearts] of the dwarves [and] of the Elves will be [?opposed/?silent] to us.
The words in brackets are those with a hard lecture/transcription, but I think is very plausible like this:
"And said Rķan to Tuor: what have we done? Now all the hands of the dwarves and of the Elves will be opposed to us." or
"And said Rķan to Tuor: what have we done? Now all the hearts of the dwarves and of the Elves will be silent to us."

Could we consider the sentence to introduce in the text in some way in the second paragraph?

What do you think?

Greetings

Last edited by gondowe; 03-27-2013 at 09:34 AM.
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote