View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #47
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?
List them, please: -Breelanders All!

Please note you may play in only 3 games at one time.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES– Which one? The Green Dragon

For your character please include:

Name: Esgallhugwen Elenglin

Race: Silvan Elf

Appearance: 6' 2", Esgallhugwen has a rather shadowy if not depressing disposition. She is pale even for an Elf; with striking cold grey eyes and dark hair flecked with silver. She clothes herself in the garb of the male Elves, though long ago Esgallhugwen could have been found wearing dresses of blue, silver or green. She now wears light-weight dark knee high boots, dark grey pants, forest green tunic embroidered with silver knotwork. Her wrists and upper arms are bound with silver embossed leather gauntlets and is often seen with her dark green cloak draped across her back and face.

Weapons: Deft skill with sword and bow, keen eyes and ears. Elven blade Nárkir and the Dark yew bow Dúrlin. Both gifts from her Mother before her murder.

Strengths/Weaknesses/Personality: Esgallhugwen is cautious when around people and in the wild. She barely ever talks and keeps to herself; this can be mistaken for cold hearted-ness. Though in loneliness, she is willing to help others in their desperate need. Deep down perhaps there is still some fragment of joy and love; she would never want to talk about how she is unable to recall a time where she was happy before it was shattered and destroyed before her very eyes. During her time at The Green Dragon she could not control the influx of painful memories causing her to have an episode. Esgallhugwen is a true companion in battle or the wild with her deft and cunning abilities.

History: Esgallhugwen has had an extremely dark and bloodshed past. She refrains from talking about it for fear she will bring a shadow onto that person or a spy from her Father is overhearing, that is why she prefers to remain hidden and cloaked.
Menelariel Luinhith, her mother, was the only prominent figure in the upbringing of Esgallhugwen. Menelariel ensured that her daughter had as much love and guidance as she could give. She was not alone in this task, with the aid of Calan, Celeb, and Nimorn; they aided many younger Elves and others before the oncoming of the shadow, knowing they would soon be betrayed.

Esgallhugwen's heart and mind are always at unrest. One night when her Mother and her were taking council with one another they were taken captive outside their home by a vicious group of orcs. They were dragged down into an orc pit, Esgallhugwen managed to kill two orcs with her bare hands, but four more took their place and for what seemed an endless abyss of days or nights, they were tortured and persecuted by ceaseless agony and pain. Anyone captured by Sauron's orcs never saw the light of day again and had extreme difficulty in keeping track of the passage of time. All there was was the hot searing pain of steel scoring through your flesh to keep you company in the pitch blackness of an orc pit.

Then out of the swallowing darkness came a light and a call, the light was not all that bright, but to eyes that had not seen even the faintest glimmer in months it was as bright as Elbereth herself. And the voice seemed like raging thunder or a great blast from a horn of war. So it was how she was delivered from the foul hands of the orcs by her people, loyal to her mother. But alas the light of day seemed as dark as the pit itself when news came that Menelariel was no longer among them in Middle-Earth.

She set herself free, not out of weakness but to spite all evil in the Mortal Lands; showing she could not be manipulated or controlled by the Dark Hand. Cold bitterness took hold of Esgallhugwen's heart. "Do not give up, your mother was strong, she bade me to give this message to you if chance came that this would happen; for she knew that it would. 'Dear Elenglin, do not lose hope in days of dark, light will come again, you must make haste back to your home evil hath befallen there, save all whom you can, you know of who betrayed us. Do not seek him out, he will come to his own end or perchance he will seek you out, be wary my child, if he finds you he will spare nothing to see that you suffer for disobeying him. Make haste! Many will perish. Light will come again! " Calan bowed his head in lament, embracing the grieving Esgallhugwen.

They sped across the barren lands to their home in the northwest to find it had been assailed by a mighty host of orcs and larger ones that none of them had ever seen before. The trees were ablaze like a funeral pyre, some of her people were fleeing, fighting, while others made no movement laying still in torn grass, wet with blood.

That night there were orcs piled upon orcs their blood reeking from the burning air, everything was up in blazing horror, some Elves said they could hear screaming from within, all that remains is rubble and ash. For years Esgallhugwen wondered with Morsereg alone in the wild, sundered in the terror and confusion from her kin.

Long wanderings brought them to The Shire where they took refuge in the Green Dragon Inn after being attack by a camp of orcs, all of which were slayed but not without taking wounds upon themselves. A friendship was founded with Lira after she insisted in trying to help Esgallhugwen with her emotional scars. Esgallhugwen gave a gift to Lira in friendship, a silver dagger.

Esgallhugwen's post

Esgallhugwen wandered through The Old Forest, crushing herbs with her mortar and pestle, while atop the strong sleek back of Morsereg. The herbs turned into a pink paste, giving off a strong aroma that tingled the senses.

She ducked her hand into the small satchel tied to her waist procuring a crystal jar; Esgallhugwen smoothed the paste to form a cream as she poured it into the jar. Tightening the lid carefully she popped it back in the pouch and set to work cleaning out the bowl and beginning another concoction.

Esgallhugwen sang softly in praise and respect for The Old Forest allowing her safe passage and the taking of precious herbs. She hoped that if others chose this path to Bree the forest would be as lenient and kind. She knew not whether others followed behind her, the path turned and twisted, there was no companion with her except for the powerful black stallion Morsereg, barely making a sound on the path.

Once out, onto clear land, Morsereg broke out into a gallop. the thick sappy green balm had been safely stored away. though displeasing to look upon being it an Elvish creation; the balm had a pungent odor that soothed the victim while it set to work on very deep or poisoned wounds, and it would last longer than dried herbs unused.

The sun sank behind them, but Morsereg raced on knowing his need of haste. He neighed triumphantly approaching the gate of Bree; Esgallhugwen called out to the gatekeeper, no reply, she called again, wishing she had a horn to make the gates tremble. The gatekeeper peeped his squinting eyes in the slot on the door. "What business brings ye to Bree...?" he paused not knowing if the cloaked figure was a man or a woman in the dimming light. Esgallhugwen threw back her hood riding up closer "I am to make my way to The Prancing Pony; for business I guess you have already been informed of. that is what you need to know and no more is of concern to you, sir" her Elvish voice sang. He quickly drew back the heavy wooden beam and pulled back the gate.

"Yes m' lady, some have already arrived, I'm sure they'll welcome thee gladly" he swung the gate shut with a clang, after she walked up to him. "I hope they shall too" she said riding up the road. She only caught a brief glimpse of Falowik days before racing off out of the stable at The Green Dragon on an errand. If Uien had arrived she would be the only one she knew of fairly well and would recognise due in part to meeting and promising Uien she would give her services helping to find the missing messenger of Rohan and to see what became of the other missing men.

Esgallhugwen drove up to the Inn, the familiar lights just beginning to flicker within. She stepped up to the threshold pushing back the door, her eyes beheld the distinct figure and face of Barliman Butterbur. He drew back remembering her as the dripping phantom that appeared days before, his face grew pale.

Esgallhugwen let out a laugh, regretfully drawing attention to herself, drawing back her hood; she was revealed to be an Elf, to Butterbur's relief and joy. He nearly toppled over trying to make his way to the counter. He tried to apologize but was silenced by Esgallhugwen's raised hand "no need to apologize, I should say that I am sorry for startling you when you first saw me weeks before as a wet phantom or wraith to your eyes no doubt" he smiled in thanks "your mount Lady...?" he stuttered embarrassed at his foolish reaction when she entered; "My name is Esgallhugwen, my horse has already been seen to by Hob I believe it was. May I inquire as to where Lady Uien or people who are waiting for her are seated? I have come to join them".

Butterbur guided her over to the table where Uien sat with two others, one presumably Falowik. Barliman introduced their new guest with surprising eloquence "Lady Esgallhugwen comes to join your table", Esgallhugwen thanked him and he went on his way.

"Greetings Uien".

Well That's that Hope there are no mistakes, but I'll be happy to fix them.

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: Esgallhugwen ]