View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #54
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lumiel, thanks for the character profile. If you want to make her young, you could have her about 500 years old. That was the rough age of Legolas and he was considered youthful for an Elf. Just a thought. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Littlemanpoet I think that the two characters should be added to our character list.

Here it is, revised:
  • Hobbits – 2 or 3 - male or female
  • Falco Boffin - a handsome hobbit with a friendly outlook, Falco is suspicious of all non-hobbits and hence predjuiced against them. He has the tendancy to be staunchly stubborn and has a lot of self confidence, some say too much so. Already, Falco has a dim view of Falowik and Uien also.
  • Gorby Brandybuck - a young, inexperienced and callow hobbit who is related by way of a cousin to Doderic Brandybuck, the representative of the Master of Buckland. Gorby is a undauntedly merry chap who knows little of the grim doings outside his cosseted world. He possesses a daring spirit and is not adverse to pranks.

Consequently, Gorby nearly always has a quip or laugh ready and tends to embark lightheartedly on ventures that the more experienced would think twice about.

Note: I would like to see one Hobbit be a Brandybuck, a younger one, perhaps taken from the list in the appendices, one who takes after Meriadoc in adventurousness, but is in his/her tweens and perhaps a little callow - for a Hobbit. But let the player be creative with it, of course. My basic idea here is that this Hobbit would go along with the party, assigned to it by Doderic Brandybuck (Doderic is about 7 years younger than Merry of the Fellowship of the Ring – a cousin of sorts)

Another Hobbit would be a Breelander. One would have to come up with independent motivation for this one, because I can't think (off hand) of why any Bree Hobbit would volunteer for such an excursion.
  • Humans – 1 or 2 - male or female
    Note: A human Ranger seems like a natural fit. One other possibility would be a human veteran of the War who had settle in Bree. Just a thought. I could see the ruffian angle too. Adds a bit of zest.
  • Elves – 1 or 2 - male or female
    Note: I could see an Elf from either Imladris or Lothlorien. Although it's more likely to be Imladris, since Lorien has emptied by now, and Elves of Imladris are those who have chosen to remain in Middle Earth. Knowing Uine or not seems just a matter of choice on the part of the player.

• Dwarves - 1 - male (not a necessary character, but welcome)
    Note: I believe that there were still Dwarves in the Ered Luin toward the time of the War of the Ring. Bree would be a natural stopping point as long as the Shire is open, but with the Shire now closed, anybody wishing to pass from the Ered Luin to Bree would be hard put to it indeed! There are two choices: either travel and trade ceased, or a detour route was made because people traveled anyway, and found their way around the Shire. My money is with the second. All that to say, there would be Dwarves in Bree.

Dwarves could be venturing to Bree in the name of trade - as in gold! They'd be keen to re-establish trade with the outside world, particularly as it would be in a period of re-building. Dwarvish skills and craft with stone would be in tall order about now.

Character types which would not belong: Any other racial type.

Whilst we're considering the wonderful work and characters put in so far, I encourage people to consider playing a hobbit character.

They're central to this RP and we can't really set off without one.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 15, 2003: Message edited by: Elora ]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight