View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 06:52 AM   #7
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mithadan looked through the window overlooking the red carpet. Crowds of onlookers pressed close to the security lines on either side of the entryway. On the sidewalk stood a line of Uruks and Wargs, interspersed with a half dozen Olog-Hai who had been retained at the last minute to supplement the security force. The street was cordoned off and He could see a line of limousines, carts and horses forming at the far end. Across the street stood a second security line of black and silver clad Guards of the Tower. Beyond them, the protesters yelled and waved their placards.

He turned to Piosenniel, Cami and Bethberry with a rueful smile. “This is as good as its gonna get,” he said. “Let’s roll!”

Moving his mike in front of his lips, he said, “Cue spotlights.” Outside, the massive banks of spotlights lit up and began rotating. From the crowd came a rousing cheer. “Cue runway lights,” he added. Over the red carpet, many lights flickered and came on. He turned to the Mods. “Let’s go!”

They moved quickly down the stairs and headed to the door, inspecting the uniformed ushers and wait staff as they went. 20 yards from the door…”Open the cordon and let traffic in.” 15 yards from the door… “Cue music!” Outside the loudspeakers came to life and the lyrics began just as they reached the doorway.

I'm comin' up so you better you better get this party started

Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybody's waitin' for me to arrive
Sendin' out the message to all of my friends
We'll be lookin' flashy in my Mercedes Benz
I got lotsa style, got my gold diamond rings
I can go for miles if you know what I mean

Pumpin up the volume, breakin down' to the beat
Cruisin' through the west side
We'll be checkin' the scene
Boulevard is freakin' as I'm comin' up fast
I'll be burnin' rubber, you'll be kissin' my a**
Pull up to the bumper, get out of the car
License plate says Stunner #1 Superstar

Get this party started

Mithadan paused at the door to check his outfit. He smoothed his grey velvet jerkin and the white ruffled shirt beneath it. Then he examined his royal blue breeches for Warg hair and the shine of his new black boots. Looking up at his companions, he nodded and said, “Let’s go! Ladies first!”

The cheers were thunderous as Cami, Piosenniel and Bethberry stepped out onto the red carpet. He followed them with a wave and a smile for the cameras, which were now rolling.
----------------------
“Good day, this is Cathy Lee and with me is Joan and we’re coming to you from this year’s Downie Awards. In minutes the guests will be arriving…and there are the Barrow-Downs’ staff coming out from the hall to greet the guests!”

“Oh no,” barked Joan. “Look at Mithadan’s outfit. That jacket is just so last year. And his pants are too tight, hasn’t anyone told him that baggy is in? It leaves more to the imagination…”

“Here comes the first Limo, Joan,” said Cathy Lee. The valet opened the door and the crowd hushed for a moment. Then out popped a small grayish-brown animal, which stood up on its rear legs and waved. “Oooo, its none other than the Desert Skwerl himself, Mr. Underhill!”

“Yes, Cathy,” said Joan. “Stylish as always. You know it’s never too warm for fur.”
-------------------------
Mithadan’s earphone came alive even as he shook Underhill’s paw. “Sir,” said the voice. “The music…”

“Sounds fine to me,” responded Mithadan.

“Not the sound, sir. It’s the Orcs…. they’re dancing…”