View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 08:35 PM   #29
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

"Wildness you say, which prompted the lad to leave? I see no wildness in him, Master Harstan," spoke the Healer quietly. 'Perhaps you are not so well acquainted with his health as a master should be"

"I know him right well enough, Mistress, not that it is any business of yours," he replied dismissively to the woman.

"I am sure you do know his true behaviour well enough, Master Harstan, but I am a practiced healer who sees great need in the boy. I speak out of concern for your need as well, for this boy is not capable of sustained work. If you wish to gain a valuable labourer, you must first see him restored to health."

Bethberry paused here, and nodded courteously at Harstan.

"His arm is too weak to lift even a spoon, he has burns which still pain him greatly and which still require gentle treatment if he is ever to be able to stretch his muscles much again, he has I suspect bones broken which require setting and swellings which must be treated."

Here Bethberry heard Rochadan cough, and she nodded her head at him, hoping he would see her short term strategy. She knew she could rely on him to help the boy find work at the Tavern, if only she could heal the boy first.

"I came to Esgaroth to help the healing after the devastation wrought by Smaug and I am here still attending to it. I have room here where I treat injuries and heal what sicknesses I can. I deem this boy needs my care. You would be foolish, my good master, to ignore my words here, for the town will hold you accountable should the boy die under your roof and hand."

She paused, looking sombrely at the man, with no trace of animosity, but with a firm presence. She would do her part to help Rochadan gave the boy from this cruel master, yet she would try hard not to make an enemy of the master.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 07-10-2004 at 10:48 PM.