View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #36
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill
Jackson is also supposed to exec produce the Halo movie, but "executive producer" is a pretty slippery title which could mean anything from virtually no involvement with the project to shepherding it all the way through the process, so there's no way to judge what that time commitment looks like.
Knowing Jackson it'll probably be closer to shepherding it if he's at all interested in the movie.

This does sound interesting - two movies would make it all the more. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see PJ build up Gandalf's part of the story a little bit, I definitly see him (& the studio in general) pushing The Hobbit as the "prelude to Lord of the Rings" & not "a child's story" as Child said.

On the subject of 13 dwarves with their belching & tossing, I know there was another thread (probably very easy to find, but not with the time limit I have right now ) where people discussed how they thought the Hobbit would turn out if/when it was made. The point was raised that the number of dwarves might even be reduced to make all the names to remember easier on the audience.

Whether that'd be another infamous case of 'Dumbing Down?' or not I don't know but I wouldn't be overly surprised to see it.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote