View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #37
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex
But just imagine if you built in the goings on around the time of the Hobbit too? The White Council, Gandalf in Dol Guldur etc (I can't quite remember if the latter was in this time frame but I know the White Council was)

I also remember reading the Hobbit at school in our English class - and the main thing we always asked was 'where's Gandalf s*dding off to NOW??' all the time. Little did we know of Tolkien's grander vision of Middle Earth

Just imagine a couple of movies with gandalf/saruman/galadriel/elrond et all intespersed with the Hobbit? wouldn't that be great? and just imagine Gandalf entering Dol Guldur?

anyway, I can dream on.................
Oh wow. If that happens, I for one will be a very happy fan. I am officially converted. I now want two movies...thanks for changing my mind.

I think this also makes sense if it is filmed, as others suggested, as PJ's intro to LOTR. It would be awesome to tell the whole story, as filled in by LOTR. Explanations for Gandalf's frequent disappearances would be very, very cool...and Dol Guldur/the Necromancer would provide suitable fodder for PJ's flair for horror.

I hope PJ can resist the temptation towards dwarf-humor this time around...

I hope that he doesn't dumb down the Hobbit at all...already when I was reading it (after reading LOTR, which may be the source of my problems) I was getting frustrated because it read so much more like a children's book. It's not that I didn't like it, but that it was just a little too young or something... Maybe I should try it again.