View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Hi fellow Borrims!

I've read through our "gang" and that has raised a few questions. Any answers or comments to these would help me greatly to come up with my characters BIO (history-part) and especially the first post. And I quess some agreement here would help us all in writing.

The Borrim is said to be "a party from the north", so should we really be a party? Child hasn't made any references to others than Khandr's wifes. But Lalaith clearly has written her post including the "rest of the party", referring to "those two doltish hunters" (which should be three now as my character will join in). Fordim has mentioned that Huntha had joined a party but Kath writes about a character who lives and goes in his own without any familiar faces around...

From Child's and Kath's posting one gets the impression that these people live in houses but Lalaith talks of Embla's tent where Khandr visits. So tents or houses? Khandr seems to be an important man enough that he could have been shown a built lodging or a luxury-tent for his temporary visit - which could include a desk as Child describes the place. But how about we three (Fordim, Kath & myself)? If we belong to the same party, shouldn't we at least live around?

And if we are a party, why are we three there in the first place? Fordim said Huntha just volunteered, but how about we two (Kath's and mine characters)? Khandr's bodyguards, his wifes bodyguards, or then just fellow trekkers Khandr has allowed to travel with him and who now try to come up with their own? The last one is the easiest but I think not the best.