View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #124
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Formendacil, nice post but it needs a bit of working out in terms of...you've made my character into your character's master, and some kind of patronly figure?

Lord Cirdacil/Burghley is a Puritanical type who disapproves of wasteful dramatic expenditure. I was envisaging him as a reluctant tagger along in the royal retinue, not as a key organiser...

Would you mind having another Lord as your master, a more distant NPC, or would you rather I adjust Cirdacil to this more accepting role? I suppose the poor old geezer could have been ordered into it by royal fiat, but if so could you change "took an interest in the dramatic arts" to be more mordant and ironic?

one of the reasons I wasn't myself going down the "noble patron" route is that I think that part might be bigger than I have time for. An absolutely and constitutionally reluctant noble patron, though, might be quite funny and not too big a part either

think of the (utterly unfair) portrayal of Sir Edmund Tilney in Shakespeare in Love...on such a basis I'd be willing to write the role you've laid out for me. Is that ok?