View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #376
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm sorry to hear that, Undómë, Arry and Envinyatar! I enjoyed your posts and was looking forward to interacting with your characters too. I do understand your frustrations too - we are a bit of a slow bunch sometimes.

However, as you can see, many of us old writers are a little inactive, and that's more of a reason why I think we definitely shouldn't stay in our "comfort zone" - insofar as such a common comfort zone even exists. With the influx of new writers also new writing styles and plots are more than welcome. If you guys would like to stay and discuss future plotlines and pacing for the Meadhall, I'd personally be willing to sort out this "kettle of fish" as pio calls it. I think an active Meadhall with motivated new and old writers would be the ideal.

Take your time? I think if you guys want to come back, you can repost your old posts anytime you want, I doubt we have moved too far ahead in the time frame...

~*~

That being said, I'm finally back. So sorry for my inactivity - first I was having my summer holiday, then I just started my internship two weeks ago and I've been simply exhausted (too many new things and too early mornings for a night owl like me). I'm getting back on track now, though. I will write for all my characters today/ in the next couple of days AND I will also try to poke Nogrod and Kath.

Folwren, I see you posted our PM post. Thanks for organizing it! I also see you added a couple of lines, that was a cute ending.

Galadriel, I'm so sorry I left you hanging with the Ledwyn/Brith thing! Do you still have something you'd like to write with me, or should we just see where the story goes? Either is fine by me.

Also: added Balan to my list. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the hall!

Mith - a very belated reply to the Elfthain/Wilheard discussion, but yeah, let's assume Wilheard hasn't figured out (bothered to figure out? ) Elfthain's family connections yet.

Elempi, Eodwine has been ill and busy. Do I assume correctly that he could've easily forgotten Wilheard for a couple of days, especially if Wilheard's been mostly keeping to his own ompany or that of his ill-tempered horse (and maybe sometimes that of the soldiers)? Athanar's letter would've told Eodwine to find some use for Wilheard, but I think he'll shirk his responsibilities as long as he can - not because he's exactly lazy, but rather because he's depressed and unmotivated. Unless you - or someone else! - has better ideas, I'll assume Wilheard's been sort of avoiding official duties and moping around for the past couple of days, as a highborn guest rather than as a man of the hall with responsibilities of his own.