View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #340
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"I require order in my court," Eodwine declared through the growing roil of voices; he had not taken his eyes from Degas'. The young man did have a point, and almost - almost - Eodwine regretted his words, and thanked whatever beings watched over such things that for all the vim he had felt, he had chosen his words carefully. The Hall had quieted.

"I have said that the arrangement I have made with the Lady Saeryn before you all is an apprenticeship of a sort. This is so, regardless of what some may choose to think. I was asked if I am courting the Lady Saeryn. I answered that I will not say that I am not. Nor," Eodwine continued in a stronger voice, "will I say that I am; I leave the question open because, as Degas of the Folde said, it is not a matter solely of my choosing. If acourting comes of this, I would have his blessing, as well as any others of his family. And most certainly I will pursue no such endeavor unless the Lady Saeryn herself permits it, and that only after other critical matters have been dealt with, of which I will not speak now, for they are not for all ears.

"Degas, I ask you to heed my words and hold any further words for a later time when you and I can talk at length. What say you?"