Thread: Odd Man Out
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2001, 11:07 AM   #15
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dread Horseman
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Odd man out continued...

Wow! This is an active forum. This thread has already dropped to the second page! <blockquote>Quote:<hr> Yet with his last and desperate stroke Fingolfin hewed the foot with Ringil, and the blood gashed forth black and smoking and filled the pits of Grond.

Morgoth went ever halt of one foot after that day, and the pain of his wounds could not be healed; and in his face was the scar that Thorondor made.<hr></blockquote>I always assumed that Fingolfin just gave him a really nasty wound to the foot. &quot;Halt of one foot&quot; means, I think, that he was lame in that foot forever afterward, not that he was necessarily walking around on a stump or some kind of iron pegleg. I could be wrong, though.

I haven't cooked up a new one yet -- but stay tuned. New Odd Man Out momentarily...

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000005>Mister Underhill</A> at: 7/13/01 1:09:22 pm
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote