View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #19
Galin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galin is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Galin is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
So you suggest that because he made Elendil and the nobles Numenoreans shorter 'The Numenoreans before the Downfall were a people of great stature and strength, the Kings of Men, their full grown men were commonly seven feet tall, especially in the royal and noble houses.' it would have something to do with your interpretation about the Eldar being 6'6"?
The shortening of Elendil (in my opinion, and only worded that way if this text is later) from nearly 8 feet tall (UT) to around 7 feet tall (Tolkien's reaction to P. Baynes artwork) connects to my opinion about the Eldar (Tolkien's reaction to P. Baynes artwork). We have been over this matter of Elendil at another thread at this site.

Quote:
You are starting not to think rationally if you think 6'4" is the tallest of a people that average 6' and my interpretation only take 6'6" as a minimum thus the average being close to 7' (but not seven which are the Noldor more often). If that's not an easier claim at least in comparison to Galadriel's contradiction I'm done.
Again, I stand by what I actually said at some other site. Not what you claim I said at this site.

Quote:
Stop with explanations... you know you tried to fit 6' average with 6'4" of Galadriel. I mean even I that don't actually like inconsistencies know that there is no solution.
This seems to be your argument style all too often. Sorry, I don't agree with some of your interpretations of Tolkien, and some of your interpretations of what you think I said somewhere.

You could link to the actual discussion, for full context, and my argument can be represented in my own words -- that is, for anyone interested in reading some discussion elsewhere on the web, some time ago.

Anyone having trouble sleeping?

Last edited by Galin; 11-10-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Galin is offline   Reply With Quote