View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Arvegil145, I think you either will learn som Patient or you leave this project sooner or later.

In my oppinion it makes no sens to take such a decission on points not very general. About making this a round earth or a flat earth version, you have to take this eraly on and with trying out both first. The same can be argued about including Ælfwine as a frame story. But about a tale in which we all see some issues it is allway better to try and see if it works or not.

That I would try I have already posted about [b]Tal-Elmar[b].

About The New Shadow I have some more doubts: Beside the fact that there is nearly nothing to finish the tale even in the shortes way, I think that to include a tale of the fourth Age would mean to include the end of the thrid Age, meaning the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Ring. LotR might be easy since there is not much debatable in it, but The Hobbit? How to deal with the radical 1960 revision which was never used?
Anyhow the project as imagin here was never planed to include these two Major publications of JRR Tolkien himself. In that way a definite decision here and now would mean a major enlargement of the project. But the Project seems to have enough Problems to handle even its actual scoop. If an enlargement is to come, than in the moment we can see the end of the actual scoop more clearly.

Respectfuly
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote