View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #18
gandalf85
Wight

gandalf85 has just left Hobbiton.
1) I didn't have a source for the footnote, I was proposing using some of the main text to create a footnote. But if the project is against creating footnotes, then just removing it as in your draft is fine.

3) I am still confused by the movements of Galadriel and Celeborn. We agree that these two sentences are occurring at the same time and referring to the same movement, right?

Quote:
Celeborn went at first to Lórien and fortified it against any further attempts of Sauron to cross the Anduin.
Quote:
Both Galadriel and Celeborn at that time passed through Moria with a considerable following of Noldorin exiles and dwelt for many years in Lórien.
If that's the case, it is awkward to split it up into two sentences like this. Even with the qualifier "at that time" I think it makes more sense to combine them into one sentence. However, the next sentence after this is:

Quote:
When however Sauron withdrew to Mordor, and was (as reported) wholly concerned with conquests in the East, Celeborn rejoined Galadriel in Lindon.
When did Galadriel move from Lorien to Lindon? The word "rejoined" implies Galadriel moved first, but this isn't stated in the text.
gandalf85 is offline   Reply With Quote