View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #102
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
After doing it I can see now some cause for uneasyness. They take a charge on the transaction (not much but on principle) and there just might be a small problem... When I created the account it told me in quite plain terms that you can only pay in Euros, and when I had finished the PayPal said that the recipient might turn your money back as his account is on a different currency...

Like they didn't know how to exchange Euros to Dollars...

EDIT: Oh yeah Mith... we seniors are either careful and cynical or then totally irresponsible and ignorant of the new threats. I'm definitively the optimist. And I know it will kick back on me one day. But meanwhile I'm going to be irresponsibly trusting with things. (Okay, someone telling me I have inherited a far-relative in Nigeria and between my billion dollars and me is only a little handling fee of 300$ will make me only push the delete button...)

Nogrod I have one little used account which suggests that there has been carnage of fantastically rich people who happen to share my name on a Nigerian highway that it is practically genocide... but while I am sure it is probably safe.. I am just not keen to pump in all my bank or credit card details into a computer and get an account for this purpose only. I have just lost faith and remember I use public access computers. I am sure Iam being paranoid. I just feel for the sum involved I would rather risk the money getting lost in the post than maybe opening the door to my bank account. I will have to look at other options.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote