View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #141
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
It's here, it's here... the Last Song is here!
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Countless years I've lived a joyful life
Carefree
I didn't even realize until I saw this how much this parallels Beren's accusation to Finrod. I guess Thingol doesn't use quite the same words as Beren to describe the countless joy in Russian, but still. No wonder Beren is so bitter: "you're just like Thingol!"

Quote:
Doriath amid the forests
With my beloved daughter
And dear wife
Is it a "slow sing" on the second line? I think I got to a scansion that works if Line 2 loses it's flurry.
If you want it to have the flurry back, though, all you have to do is add some syllables to Line 3, "and with my dear wife". Depends on how tongue twisty it sounds.

Quote:
Taken both her love and honour
What a nerve!
Ooooo, ouch. It's not just her fancy on the table anymore. No wonder Thingol is so ****ed off.

Melian is perfect. The rock of ever-calm wisdom.

Quote:
Fire and water cannot often touch
If I am reading it correctly, I am getting FI-re AND wa-TER. What about FIRE and WA-ter COOL (clear? cold?)? --- assuming I read that correctly.

Hahaha Thingol ranting about Beren! Perfect! And another brilliant Melian to follow.

Quote:
So we know that love can be stronger than rules.
I just had a snarky thought about how snarky Melian would be if she outright said "You should know that love etc". But I think her character is a little more neutral and respectful. She doesn't get snarky unfortunately.

Quote:
Their lives may be short, but their fire endures
I like the reference to Truth!

Quote:
Showed him where to go! Showed him where to go!
!

Ha!

Excellent stuff!