View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 06:08 AM   #21
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I would like to call your attention to another very annoying bad habit - realizing the senselessness of a post and posting anyway! How often do I read: "I guess I'm not making much sense, but it's late and I'm tired!" Here are three good solutions to that problem:

1. Don't post. If you're too tired to make sense, wait until the next morning. If you're afraid to lose those valuable, though scatterbrained, thoughts, type them into your word processing program and save them - that makes it easy to do a spellcheck on them the next day too. Or just jot them down on a piece of paper, the way Tolkien himself took notes of ideas, before thinking them over and making necessary changes.

2. If you feel you must post when tired, check what you wrote the next day and edit it so that it does make sense. Then the above comment is unnecessary.

3. If you wrote it and realize the next day that there's not really any sense to it, delete it! Don't wait for a moderator to do it.

Take pride in your writing; there are enough posts on the forum that make very little sense - and the authors didn't even notice!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote