View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #173
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lindir could hear Orėmir's voice urging him forward. A tiny light flickered, ran up and down the outer edge of the door frame, and then receded into shadow. Still, Orėmir's trick had shown Lindir the way he should proceed.

"I see the light. I am coming." Lindir feebly struggled to rise. With a great effort, he managed to stand upright in the middle of a Sea of Bones The problem was that the Sea would not stand still, but was continually shifting and churning in response to the Elf's attempts to escape from his prison. Lindir reached down and gathered up a handful of skulls, grimacing as he did so, and quickly tossed them over to the corner in a vain effort to clear a path to the doorway where Orėmir waited. But the moment Lindir had discarded the ones he was carrying, another pile slid down from the left and landed imediately in front of him, effectively blocking his efforts to leave the chamber behind. This happened three separate times until he began to believe that more than coincidence was involved. The wretched skeletons seemed to have a life and mind of their own and were determined that he not leave the chamber.

Frustration and confusion flooded Lindir's mind as he blurted out a plea to his companion. "I can not free myself. Bony fingers are tugging at my ankle." The last word was spoken barely above a whisper. Lindir had sunk into a pit of bones, that was deeper than before, and was struggling to keep his head aloft.

Orėmir pressed his ear against the door, sensing that something was very wrong. There was silence, then a sound of arms and legs thrashing wildly, followed by a high pitched scream for help, "Help me. I beg you. The skeletons live! I can not escape them...."

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-11-2006 at 12:28 AM.